Energy and environmental matters
The SI energy policy aims to increase the competitiveness of Icelandic industry. It is our opinion that a better energy structure and lower energy prices will increase foreign investment in the country and increase the use of domestic energy.
- SI are involved in developing the strategy for the re-organisation and privatisation of the electricity market. Our aim is a competitive electricity price compared to our neighbouring countries.
- SI promote the use of domestic energy sources by Icelandic enterprises.
- SI have a good relationship with energy re-sellers and we have published a handbook on saving energy in industrial companies.
- SI look for energy demanding production where it is possible to use geothermal energy. The largest project in that area is the Polyol-project.
- SI look after the interest of the owners of heavy machinery and other large scale users of oil, regarding oil taxation.
- SI participate in the preparation and enforcement of legislation regarding the Icelandic recycling fund.